Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aftermath of being engaged

Assalamualaikum wrb

Dear Diary,

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates in this blog. Well, been quite busy for the past few days.
I've uploaded ALL my engagement pictures in my facebook, didn't have the time to upload them into my multiply.

Those who would want to see can just add me on their facebook! nur_fadilla@hotmail.com






Alhamdulilah, it's been more than 1 week since I've been engaged, and I should say that I couldn't feel happier than this.

It has been one of the sweetest moments in my life and I would like to thank everyone for making the event a successful one.

I am so glad that most of my invited guests were able to make it and join me in my special moment. And I deeply appreciate those who have take the trouble and time to attend my engagement ceremony, even though it was raining cats and dogs.

I am really touched with all the gifts and all and I honestly truly have no words to describe how happy I felt.

No million of thank yous can ever make up for all that my friends and family have done and contributed to the event.

Really appreciate it.

Well, the experience was really nerve-wrecking and it was truly once in a lifetime kind of feeling. Especially when Kak Linah (Rashid's sis who works in Qatar) put the ring on my finger and she shed tears of joy when her younger brother Achid finally got engaged.

It was priceless to me. I've never witnessed such strong sibling love before this.

And I am really glad that I'm now being accepted and I'm slowly adapting myself to Rashid's family. I'm really thankful to Allah swt for giving me such a loving and caring fiancee, not only towards me but his family as well.

The past few days has been great. I am really glad that I made this decision and nothing has ever changed.

Rashid still fetches me from work during his off days, we still go out on our movie dates, we're still hanging (bergantung) on the phone till the wee hours whispering sweet nothings, and we're still deeply in love after so many tense moments.

It is undeniable and inevitable of course when we have small quarrels and disagreements. The secret is learning to understand each other and forgive as well as learn from the mistakes.

It's just that I felt both of us have been feeling more sensitive about issues and sometimes we just snap at each other. But after that we managed to cool down and constantly remind ourselves that these are just tests from Allah.

The difference is also mainly the topics that we always talk about. Like before this, it was more of joking and whatnot, but now the topics discussed are more serious and we do a lot of planning, both financial and religious.

Rashid has been bringing his buku agama everywhere we go and he would like constantly share with me the do's and don'ts of a good wife.

But then again looking back, it is somehow weird how he would always emphasize my roles when he rarely mentions his. -__-

Sungguh tak fair. Nanti dia. Siap dia. HAHA (cobaaannnnnn)

Okok peace no war!!!



Hehe. Okay anyway, if you ask me whether it is nice being someone's fiancee, the answer would be YES!!

I do enjoy certain privileges after getting engaged, like more opportunities to spend time with Rashid! Hehe. But then again it is good that he never abuses this power. :p

Well, to think that I'm going to be someone's wife in 9 mths time really is scary.

I really hope I'm prepared enough to be a good and faithful wife to him though.

Hehe. Oh wells.

For now, I'm basking in the light of honeymoon engagement period.
And glad to say............. We're lovin' it!


No comments: