Dear Diary,
Yes yes, I'm sure my sis has already announced it to the whole world.
I got a new job.
And no, it has NOTHING to do with a telecommunication company.
Not as if I ran to Starhub or M1 after quitting Singtel.
( although i would love to esp seeing you-know-who eat her eyeballs out )
HAHA.
Anyways, I left my previous workplace because of the following reasons:
- I hate you-know-who. And she hates me too. The proof is that she still mentioned my name up till this very day. Speaking of me being notorious huh.
- The work sucks. The management sucks. I'm treated like a know-all and kicked around like a foosball.
- The pay is pathetic. I don't deserve to get such a pay with all the work that I had to do.
No one will understand. No one will ever even try to. It's just painful to see mom work every single day alone and she has to pay a lot of things. It's even more painful to see dad feeling so bad that he can only afford to help with the household chores.
I wouldn't want her to suffer alone. I want to help her.
That is why I searched for a new job. Every day i pray that God will answer my prayers because my intention is purely to help my parents. Studies can wait.
That is why this time I've decided to find a permanent job which offers a higher pay. Because I just need to make full use of this time to earn as much as I can and help them whenever I can.
Syukur alhamdulilah, it was unexpected really... But I knew I nailed the interview..
I got a job as an Administrative Executive at a local trading company called Medical Optics Pte Ltd, which deals with laser equipment for aesthetic use, and hopefully optometry.
It's a 9-6pm job with alternate saturdays. Situated at Toa Payoh Industrial Park, basically this company just started off barely a few mths ago, and they needed a lot of staff who can help the company to grow and expand further.
Under the guidance of our parent company, Charles Wembley, we managed to clinch a few deals with clients such as SGH and Raffles hospital.
And now we're intending to spread our wings further to countries such as Vietnam.
With our advanced laser equipment which cost ard USD200,000 such as Quantum and Encore Lum 1, we've managed to carve a name in the local medical industry as these laser equipments are among the top ones in Spore and US FDA-approved. Its country of origin is Israel and manufacturer Lumenis from Hong Kong.
My job basically is a lot:
- Receptionist, I assist people who come in and go and answer calls.
- Payroll, I have to do their salary cheques every mth and handle CPF contribution.
- Travel agent, I have to book air flights and assist to book hotel accomodation everytime the manager goes on business trips overseas, vice versa when we bring overseas clients to Singapore.
- Basic accounting; I settle accounts; basic margins, profits, bla bla bla.
- Invoices.
- Payment vouchers.
- Claims.
- Purchase orders, delivery orders, bla bla bla.
It is difficult for me initially because I have to learn a lot of Excel, and of course do accounting and open cheques, bla bla bla.
Not to mention I have to familiarise myself with the technical terms used in shipping and biomedical industry.
It's hard, but I'm coping well I hope. It's a great challenge for me, and I am most willing to undertake it.
I need all the knowledge & experience I can get with this small company as a platform before I move onto a bigger company with expectancy of higher salary.
Nevertheless, alhamdulilah currently my salary is manageable and satisfactory.
I thank God for this opportunity and let's hope I can pull this through, for my family.
=)





No comments:
Post a Comment