Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fireworks @ Esplanade

Assalamualaikum wrb

Dear Diary,

In view of the new year, I just had to do something in which I've always wanted to do.

Every year, I would dream of what it feels to usher the new year with someone special, just like in New York where all will crowd around the gigantic clock at Times Square and kiss that special someone while admiring the fireworks after countdown.

I've never watched fireworks real life upclose and personal before, and I would want to experience it of course with my hubby-to-be. Hence I literally pulled him to Marina after work (I took half-day festive leave! LOL) and we hanged around there while waiting for midnight.

First we headed to Toysrus coz he needed to buy something since he got the member's discount voucher. As usual, searched high and low for his star wars LEGO to add on to his big Star Wars collection at home. None interest him (thank God! Hehe oopss) so he bought a remote control car for his nephew instead. LOL.

After that we had some drinks over at Gloria Jean's and tried their Oreo cheesecake, which was so so sedap! Loved it to bits!! It wasn't heavy, and the texture was just nice, perfect for my tastebuds!


My baby boy and me

Why so serious? (imitating the Joker from Dark Knights. LOL)



Alala sinilah amek gamba sikit...



Eleh malu-malu kucing konon...


Hehe yay!! Gotcha!

After drinks, we were bored and it was still too early for countdown, so we decided to watch Adam Sandler's Bedtime Stories instead. The movie was nice, very heart-warming, but I still preferred Jim Carrey's Yes Man though. Hehe!

And then we went for dinner before we headed to the open theatre by the bay and sat there while waiting for the fireworks. And btw did I mentioned that there were lots and lots of people there!



Oh my God. I swear it could have been 1 million people crowding around there I guess. Sheesh. So much for having 6 million in the future huh.

And so we sat there while listening to the live bands perform... It was nothing much though except for camwhoring and more camwhoring.



The sleepy us

Bear bear and me. Haha I got this free from the Zoo!!! Yayyy



It was then when the countdown started and we looked at the dark skies...

And suddenly when the clock strikes 12.....



























And so I finally gave him the new year kiss. And look how he transformed from sleepyhead to this!!



Hehe amboiiii ketawa besar nampakkk......... LOL!

Well all was like a fairytale for me... Spending new year with my loved one with fireworks on the background... Life couldn't get any better than this.

It wasn't until when going home time. It was a true nightmare I tell you! With all those millions of people squeezing and crowding and the horrifying human jam made all that fairytale experience pop like a bubble.

That was why I've decided NOT to go for this kind of countdown fireworks anymore. With effect from next year Rashid and I will be spending new year in the comfort of our own home. By the time we'll be married then. Yay!

And so, that was my experience. First time, and hopefully my last time.

Hehe till then, take care lovelies.

*big hugssss

No comments: