Dear Diary,

Achid complained to me when he was back in reservist 3 weeks ago that he all of a sudden had difficulties seeing with his right eye. He could only see with half-tinted vision and dark shadows without even able to see any light.
Initially I thought it might be due to a sudden impact and that it may be temporary, but after 3 weeks I decided to sign him up for an eye appointment at Singapore National Eye Centre.
So this morning I took leave and accompanied him to see Dr Doric Wong, a senior consultant/eye specialist and he told us that Achid was suffering from retinal detachment.
In retinal detachment, the retina separates from the outer layers of the eye thus losing its function. If not treated early, retinal detachment may lead to impairment or complete loss of vision.
Most retinal detachments are preceded by one or more tears or holes in the retina. Fluid passes through these openings and separates the retina from the adjacent layers of the eye.
Near-sighted individuals are more commonly affected due to thinning of the retina. Holes or tears can then develop in the thinned retina.
Dr Wong said that in Achid's case, things are pretty bad and in case surgery succeeds, it will be 93% that he could be able to recover his normal vision just that he will be more short-sighted. If surgery fails, he might have permanent loss of vision on his right eye.
I was so worried for him, I knew in front of him I had to be strong. I knew no matter what happens, I will be by his side and I will be there for him whenever he needed me.
Tommorow morning I will take leave again as he will be undergoing a major eye surgery. He will be admitted for one night after that.
I really hope and pray that God will make him strong and he will be able to pull this through. InsyaAllah together with Kak Linah's prayers in Mecca as she is performing her Umrah.
Dear Sayang, if you are reading this, I just want to let you know that I will still marry you even if you are blind. I will be your eyes when you could only see the dark.
Be strong fadilla. Be strong for him.
Hope the surgery will go well tmr morning. InsyaAllah.





No comments:
Post a Comment