Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random musings

Assalamualaikum wrb

Dear Diary,

I have lots of things lined up that I want to blog about.
So let's just bear with me ok???

Okay so last Sunday I managed to attend the marriage talk at Al-iman mosque with the bestie, Fara. I was surprised to know that we did not have to pay the 10 bucks admission fee and all the more I was thrilled because it was free (was worth the trip man). However they changed the venue from the cozy comfortable air-conditioned auditorium to the basement. Urgh.

Well it was okay though. Ustaz Sallim was really a good speaker, I particularly loved it when he shared his experiences handling marriage cases and his sense of humour is just like the icing on the cake.


I learnt a lot about living with the in-laws, the dos and don'ts and the acquired skills to prepare one to be able to withstand all challenges of marriage life.


Honestly I was scared at first, heard a lot of stories about the disadvantages of moving in with in-laws, mom-in-law from Hell (similar like the infamous P.Ramlee movie "Ibu Mertuaku") and whatnot. But I guess it should be okay. As long as I don't follow my young blood and start to snap at them for no reason, and I have Achid there with me.


It's just a different feeling together you know, imagine living with other people's parents and you don't know their lifestyle, their tone when squabbling at home, etc. The worst is the fact that they can hear and see whenever just in case if Achid and me got into quarrels. Well looks like I won't be able to throw plates at him then. HAhA


p.s// Don't worry sayang I won't ok? Limit2 mangkuk je. LOLL


Hmm. Whatever it is I think the most important thing of all is finding the right one. Because at the end of it you will be spending the rest of your life with him. So communication and understanding, tolerance especially is the key of it all.


I mean, it is normal to get into quarrels and misunderstandings once in a while, in fact those will help to strengthen the marriage I believe. But, forgiving each other and not be too egoistic will really help. Bak kata orang, tolak tolak tarik, macam gitu lah. HEhE


Okay before I become Ustaz Sallim Jasman's apprentice, might as well I change topic.


Hehe.


I must really do something about my bad habit of indulging in online shopping.



Just can't help it lah sometimes. The feeling is like a kid finally getting candy floss in a carnival. Haha. And obviously yes, I bought another dress from Studiofrost, again.

I was just motivated by the praise by Achid when I wore the other dress I ordered before this, and he said I looked really beautiful. He even complimented me for taking the effort to dress up for him. Cmon lah, it's normal for us ladies right? Hehe.

My aim is to start wearing dresses/ long shirts that cover the bottom as there will be no more tight shirts and short ones with tight jeans that people can oogle at my butt from behind.

Anyways, I am already starting this especially when going to work, trying my best to dig out those long and labuh ones which are equally pretty of course. Hehe. So far there has been a lot of compliments when people saw the change in me, but of course deep down is for my Achid lah. Huhu.

Haiz speaking of Achid, I truly miss him a lot. The past few days have been so empty without him. I tried smsing him once, but he replied at 2 in the next morning saying he was really tired and that his reservist training was tough. Poor him. Haiz. I've been numbing my feelings so that I wouldn't feel the pain of missing him too much. Sighs the pain is unbearable at times and it just makes me want to cry. Huhu :(

On the bright side, he will be out tommorow, but still there's the mobilisation on Sat. I don't know if I should meet him on Sunday because I'm sure he'll be exhausted and he wants to rest. Haiz. We'll see. One week of not meeting him truly feels like a year.

Countdown time.

Oh and I bought him a Star Wars Darth Vader greeting card since he is a die-hard fan of Star Wars. Maybe I could surprise him with that once he comes back.

Geez, come back soon lah... stupid reservist. Urgh!












No comments: